Friday, October 9, 2009

Vegan Month of Food: Mac n' Daiya!

Ah, Mac n' Cheese. Ooey gooey warm and delicious, and SO not vegan... until now! Daiya, my newest vegan cheese obsession, helped me to make an absolutely delightful mac n' daiya cheese casserole that could have fooled an omnivore! In fact, my three guests for the mac n' daiya extravaganza were not vegan at all, but all three wholeheartedly approved of the dish. See the lovely tasters below.


Every Tuesday, my girls (from left: Ruby, Sierra, and Estefania) and I get together to share a meal. I look forward to this night every week, mainly because it gives us all a chance to catch up on a regular basis. It also provides me with a perfect opportunity to cook something I normally wouldn't make, and to share it with my friends. See: huge dish of mac n' daiya.


Now, I'm not going to claim credit for the recipe, this was a creation of a fabulous food blog called To Live and Eat in LA. To my delight, the recipe was easy to follow and turned out spectacularly. I made the recipe a little larger, about 1 1/2 cups to every cup. It was super simple, and really quite delicious. Boyfriend Mack and I even heated it up the next day to spectacular results. Here's a close up of the ooey gooey goodness.


Also pictured is Sierra's Salad (delicious spinach with cherries and walnuts), Estefania's Tofu (ok, she was running late this week, it was store-bought. Still delicious!), and Ruby's Mashed Sweet Potatoes. All together, a wonderful collaboration as usual!

Thanks to To Live and Eat in LA. I highly suggest you check out the blog ASAP if you haven't already!

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment