Monday, October 5, 2009

Vegan Month of Food: Icepan Adventures!

Happy Vegan Month of Food! I'll say, I've always loved October, but now that it's Vegan MoFo, I love it even more.

Since it still feels mostly like summer here in Los Angeles, I decided to use my lunch break on a chilly treat: vegan ice cream! After reading about Icepan on quarrygirl.com, I knew I had to check it out; it's just a few blocks from my office! I was not disappointed.



Icepan offers ten different flavors, each of which can be made with one of four kinds of milk: whole, low-fat, non-fat, and soy (hooray!). From there, you can add toppings in or on top of the ice cream. What's really cool is that they actually create the ice cream from scratch, right in front of you! Click here to read about their technique.

Being a chocolate freak, I went with chocolate ice cream with walnuts mixed in and Oreos on top. Completely delicious.



The dessert was creamy, chocolatey, and very satisfying to the sweet tooth. It was rich and delicious. Tastes like the real thing! I highly recommend.

If you're in L.A., check them out!
IcePan
7100 Santa Monica Blvd. #135
West Hollywood, CA 90046
Phone: (323) 883-0267
Fax: (323) 883-0726
Hours: 11am - 10pm
11am-11pm Friday & Saturday

1 comment: